Events Manager, Esports
Blizzard Entertainment’s global esports events team is looking for an experienced events manager with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted esports events. A solid understanding of esports from both a competitive and a business perspective is a must, and a love for traditional sports, video games, fantasy, Sci-Fi, or the like is a huge plus.
This events manager will have the creative, technical, marketing communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute intimate to massive events. Their creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, they must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations -- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
This person will believe in the power of esports events to engage, entertain, promote, and inform as an extension of the game. They will partner with various internal teams including esports, IT, game development, marketing, PR, and community to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill goals and expectations. They must have the ability to create and communicate a clear vision for an event founded in disciplined communication goals, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards.
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? When you attend events do you find yourself thinking about how you would have done it differently? If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much the better.
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed goals and communication objectives.
- Comprehensively manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, preplanning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, venue selection, scenic design, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully executing, trade, consumer, media, launch and other events.
- Manage scenic design, build, and logistics for events.
- Develop, manage and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event-related deliverables.
- Manage projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Identify, vet, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- Other related duties as required.
- 7+ years’ experience in event planning and production
- 3+ years’ experience in an esports-related position
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
- Experience in personnel and/or resource management
- A passion for events, esports, and video games
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Experience with event broadcast in its various forms
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top