Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated person to help coordinate consumer, trade, internal and esports events. The event coordinator will report to the Senior Manager of Global Esports Events and work with other internal teams and external vendors to help plan, organize, and execute events.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask and remain focused in high-pressure situations. In addition, the event coordinator must be highly self-motivated and enthusiastic about events organization.
- Coordinate Blizzard Entertainment’s participation in consumer, trade, and esports events
- Communicate proactively regarding upcoming events ensuring all related parties receive adequate time for planning
- Draft and manage employee communications around events
- Ideate and own side projects that could improve operations and productivity
- Facilitate trade show registration for employees including communications to teams, group registration, and payment to show organizers
- Manages all aspects of events supplies and equipment from storage, inventory tracking, to shipping to/from events
- Ability to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Assist with internal events as required
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience planning organizing, and / or coordinating live events
- Ability to work autonomously and under direction
- Familiar with the Blizzard brands
- Impeccably organized, extremely detail-focused, and driven to consistently meet project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to multitask effectively
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Customer-service orientation
- Flexible working hours and ability to travel as needed, to ensure support of events
- Ability to do some semi-heavy lifting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry
- Familiar with competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, and tournaments
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Microsoft Visio, and Social Tables
- Orientation toward being creative while still being tactical and detail oriented
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top