Esports Project Manager, Hearthstone
The Blizzard Entertainment Esports team is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized project manager to oversee the tracking, documentation and planning of our Hearthstone Esports program. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, love the act of planning and organization, and enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment. This candidate should be versed in project management styles, methodologies and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as, the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
- Work with the global Hearthstone Esports team to define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the Hearthstone Esports Product Team.
- Be responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to all project stakeholders, internal and external to Blizzard.
- Develop and determine status frequency, and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to Project Stakeholders and Esports Leadership.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members while keeping projects on track and under budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, and Esports.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Develop and establish workflows and processes for the Hearthstone Esports team to increase productivity and ensure consistent communication and alignment.
- Work with the Esports Project Management team to help create and develop project management processes, templates and standards for the Esports team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a Project Manager with teams working in multiple locations, including internationally.
- Formal training in project management methodologies, process development and team leadership.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills in English.
- Proven ability to create, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep a project team focused and on track in a fast-paced environment.
- Developed documentation skills showcasing a strong ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner for varying audiences.
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to gain cooperation and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Passionate about Esports and dedicated to the art of Project Management.
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira or other online project management tools
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a Project Manager in the Esports or Gaming Industry.
- Formal project management certification such as PMP.
- Speaks more than one language.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top