Esports Product Manager, Overwatch
The world needs heroes—are you ready to begin your watch? Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced esports product manager to lead the design and execution of esports programs for Overwatch.
The ideal candidate has a passion for esports and Overwatch, strong understanding of traditional sports, and proven history of managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should have experience working with global teams, an understanding of event and broadcast management, and hold themselves to an unwavering quality standard.
- Lead an internal team responsible for the global execution of high profile esports competitions for Overwatch.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to design and iterate formats and systems that meet key game objectives, while also aligning with esports business priorities.
- Work with partners to ensure high-quality and impactful event and broadcast production.
- Define and communicate the program’s creative vision, from structure to branding.
- Accountable for all aspects of program execution, including vendor selection and management, live broadcasts, tournament administration, player and talent management, promotion, legal framework, merchandise, live events, live broadcasts and communications (internal and external).
- Track and stay within budgets globally, making crucial spending decisions where necessary.
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities in each region.
- Work with the programming lead on distribution strategy, logistics, and content calendar.
- Manage and iterate business model for programs.
- Collaborate with esports leadership to establish product KPIs and measure program success over time.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute plans, including the development teams, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and / or program management
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in partner or vendor management
- Deep understanding of event management and broadcast production
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams
- Strong understanding of traditional sports ecosystem
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Overwatch
- Boundless enthusiasm for esports
- Able to occasionally travel, including internationally
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top