Esports Coordinator, Overwatch
Blizzard Esports Europe is seeking a highly organized, responsible, and knowledgeable Overwatch expert to join our team.
Passion for and deep understanding of the Overwatch competitive ecosystem is a pre-requisite for this role. The ideal candidate is deeply familiar with all levels of pro and semi-pro Overwatch, and has experience operating in a competitive environment, either as a player, administrator, or organizer. The Overwatch Coordinator should also contribute to a shared creative vision of the viewer’s experience – the finished esports product. Essential attributes include outstanding interpersonal communication skills, and the proven ability to stay organized in complex, changing environments. This position reports to the Associate Manager, Esports (Overwatch).
- Operate as part of a global team organizing and executing esports tournaments and programs run by Blizzard, Blizzard Entertainment’s partners, and third parties.
- Take sole responsibility for elements of major programs and tournaments, e.g. communicating with players and partners, assisting with live production, handling whitelisting, etc.
- Develop and maintain the creation of related documentation, reports and post mortems for each assigned project.
- Contribute to the development of new projects or programs, and iteration on existing programs.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of competitive FPS gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments
- Proven knowledge and insight into Overwatch’s competitive scene
- Hands-on experience with event and project coordination
- Excellent organizational skills and the drive to consistently meet project deadlines
- Intensive attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to multitask effectively
- Confident and able to interact with a variety of stakeholders around the world, from game developers to team owners
- Able to work occasional overtime and weekends, and able to travel internationally as needed
- Excellent communications skills in verbal and written English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional experience organizing and/or coordinating live events or a similar experience working in the esports industry
- Experience in technical and/or creative writing or journalism, or equivalent experience in English
- Basic knowledge of Project Management platforms, particularly Confluence
- Fluency in another European language
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top