Esports Communications Planning Manager
The EU Esports team is seeking a seasoned, dynamic communications expert for a new role. The Esports Communications Planning Manager will be responsible for identifying upcoming stories in the world of Blizzard esports, and ensuring these stories get told on Blizzard’s owned channels: social, sites, launcher, video content, etc. This role works very closely with - and is a resource for - communications stakeholders around the company to maximize opportunities which build interest, engagement, participation, and passion for our games’ exciting competitive moments.
This role requires not only passion for esports, but also tremendous energy and personal drive to share the esports stories from around the world. The ideal candidate is deeply familiar with all levels of organized play across various games, and is also a natural diplomat with a knack for building a shared vision on creative content and consensus on what motivates esports fans.
The Esports Communications Planning Manager should also contribute to a shared creative vision of the esports experience from the perspective of viewer, live attendee, player, organizer, and talent. Essential attributes include outstanding interpersonal English communication skills, and the proven ability to stay organized in complex, changing environments. This position reports to the Manager, Esports Operations.
- Fully appreciate and embody the Esports product and franchise goals
- Work with Esports franchise team members, in Europe and globally, to identify upcoming communications opportunities and the best ways to exploit them
- Develop schedules per esports product in association with Communication team colleagues
- Take part in the creative process for stories and content, generating and maintaining momentum per story
- Ensure content is fully edited, localized as appropriate, and approved as needed – in a shared process with communication stakeholders
- Follow up on the success of communications, using a data-driven approach
- Develop and maintain the creation of tools, documentation, reports, and post-mortems for esports communications
- As needed, draft communications and be part of approval processes
- Experience working with corporate communication channels, including Twitter, Facebook, launcher, blogs, etc.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest media trends and technologies
- Professional experience of esports
- Professional experience in technical and/or creative writing or journalism in English
- Excellent organizational skills and the drive to consistently meet project deadlines
- Intensive attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to multitask effectively
- Able to work occasional overtime and weekends, and able to travel internationally as needed
- Native-level communications skills in verbal and written English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional experience organizing and/or coordinating live events or a similar experience working in the esports industry
- Experience of working closely with esports talent and players
- Basic knowledge of Project Management platforms, particularly Confluence
- Fluency in another European language
Required application materials
- Resume and cover letter in English
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top