Esports Associate Account Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking for an experienced Associate Account Manager with outstanding business development experiences and communications skills to join our esports team. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced esports industry. This person is highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team. The position is based in our Shanghai office, works closely with global commercialization team and will directly report to the regional esports leadership.
- Align and develop content monetization plan and strategies in China.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with internal esports & corp alliance related teams, global teams, external esports partners, esports team, streaming platform, production vendor and other esports related stakeholders/clients.
- Execute partner rights and benefits in Blizzard Esports cooperation. Monitor Partner usage of Blizzard IP and overall marketing/business conduct, assist manager to timely collect partner payments.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Create convincing business deal proposals for management decision and thorough and accurate visibility on status and progress of all negotiations to stakeholders.
- Maintain excellent post-deal services and follow up with all stakeholders/client.
- Support the proposal, negotiation, and contracting of renewal deals
- Work closely with internal teams and departments to fulfill due processes and procedures, develop solutions and produce partnership deliverables
- Remain knowledgeable of the sponsorship marketplace and partner industries, domestically and internationally, be aware of industry trends and its potential impact on the marketing partnership and overall business of Blizzard.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development management role
- Strong networking skills, and the ability to work within a diverse and fast paced international environment
- Solid negotiating skills and ability to close deals
- Strategic thinker with strong management and communications skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, able to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written, reading, and verbal business communications skills in both English and Chinese, and able to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment games
- Able to occasionally travel, including international travel
- Experience in one or more of the following fields
- Video games
- Sports business
- Broadcast production
- Broadcast content distribution
- Strategic partnerships
- Passion for video gaming, esports, and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games
- International business experience
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- What are the biggest opportunities in the business of esports?
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Back to top