Environment Modeler - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded 3D Environment Modeling Artist to work with its award-winning pre-rendered Cinematics Team. You should have skills to work well within a small team and the capability of making creative decisions with regards to asset creation and design. You will be responsible for learning our pipeline and creating assets that work cleanly and deftly with minimal supervision. You are self-motivated, low ego, have pride in your work and a “can do” attitude.
In this role you will:
- Have the ability to create epic environmental assets, both stylized and realistic, ranging from hard-surface vehicles and props to organic assets and entire set pieces
- Interpret artistic direction with ease, with or without concept art
- Have an excellent design and compositional skills
- Be self-motivated, strong social skills and a team-player
- Ability to filter and evaluate criticism on a professional level
- Maintain the production schedule and/or communicate any deadline concerns
- Work seamlessly with up and downstream departments to deliver assets fitting their requirements
- Create efficient UVs and topology for production
- Understand current animation/vfx production pipelines with a focus on Modeling, Previs and Layout
- Be capable of problem solving creative challenges on the fly
You will have:
- 3+ years of feature film/VFX/game cinematic production experience as an environment modeling artist
- The ability to concept model, texture and light entire scenes for look development
- A deep understanding of architecture
- A foundation in the traditional arts
- Knowledge of current animation programs like Maya/Max, Zbrush/Mudbox, XGen, Photoshop and tree building software
- Experience rendering with Renderman/Redshift or equivalent
- Understanding of the Blizzard Cinematics visual style, our IPs, and a passion to push it to the next level
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume along with a Reel Link and a breakdown of your work on the Reel Link.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top