Job Title: Environment Artist (Associate to Senior) - Unannounced Survival Game
Requisition ID: R004755
Environment Artist (Associate to Senior) - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you're a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we'd love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It's going to be amazing, and we'd love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we'll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
Are you an environment artist? A good one? Do you love crafting fantastic worlds that people will explore endlessly? Then you should apply. It doesn't get much better than what we have to offer you!
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we're obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you're looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
You can learn a bit more about this upcoming Unannounced Survival Game in our news release here !
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
You're good at:
- Crafting environment art for video games!
- Modeling, sculpting, texturing, and assembling highly creative environment art assets, including natural environments and architecture.
- Combining traditional art aesthetics with next gen 3D authoring techniques to create a unique visual style for environments.
- Developing a broad range of environment assets that include trees, architecture, foliage, and other things, including highly creative and unique points of interest.
- Working closely with level designers and other artists to develop unique spaces and captivating environments that players love spending time in.
- Taking your high poly sculpts and source art and creating real-time environment art models and textures that are production ready.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers. We build our games collaboratively.
- Knowing when to "throw something together" for prototyping, when to throw it out, and when to lovingly bring your creations to final shipping quality.
Extra awesome points for:
- Being a total geek. You've never thought of your job as just creating trees and rocks. You create worlds! You have an exceptional understanding of the world around you, and a keen eye towards developing alluring and captivating environments that draw the player in.
- Knowing the latest and greatest modeling, sculpting and procedural techniques and for knowing how to use them effectively to create hand crafted and stylized art.
- Consuming a ton of games, movies, animation, or other creative things. Especially if you also love dissecting them and thinking about how to take them to the next level.
You'll need to provide us with:
- Your Resume
- Your Portfolio - Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!