The editorial team within Blizzard publishing has an immediate opening for an experienced editor who is as passionate about language as they are about games. We’re communicating about more subjects across more channels than ever before, and the editorial team plays a key role in ensuring that what we say publicly—online, at events, in gaming interviews, and on conference calls with the investment community—is clear, correct, consistent, conscientious, and apparently also as alliterative as possible.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has mastered the rules of grammar and can explain things entertainingly. Our editors are responsible for creating and reviewing loads of written content and coordinating its deployment across nearly every continent. With every communications project you support, you’ll essentially be translating our motives, channeling our executives, and developing our developers’ messages (while properly punctuating sentences and excising expletives).
Exhibiting good judgment and being self-motivated and highly detail-oriented are critical in this role. We’re driven by deadlines, so we always strive for clarity with celerity, but since our redlines make headlines (literally), we still find time to unbust busted rhymes and whatnot. Well, sometimes. If you love games and have a surplus of verbal prowess, then pick up your pen and join us.
- Write, edit, proof, fact-check, and polish a variety of business-oriented and creative communications, including emails, FAQs, press releases, web content, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, and more—all with a relentless focus on quality
- Collaborate with PR, marketing, financial, web, legal, executive, and development teams across a range of projects
- Manage content-approval process
- Research and report on best practices, current communications trends, and game-specific issues
- Develop and deploy crisis-communication strategies on global business- and game-related topics
- Coordinate public-communication efforts with domestic and international teams
- Work with representatives from other departments to help establish and improve content-development processes and public-communication standards
- Interview subject matter experts to gather data for written assignments
- Develop and maintain a style guide and other communications-related guidelines
- Monitor content effectiveness and help modify content strategies accordingly
- Help define, document, and uphold Blizzard communications standards
- Implement consistent document-control procedures and help manage the file system
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- B.A. in English or journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years editorial, PR, journalism, or marketing communications experience
- Ability to work quickly, under deadline pressures, at a high quality level
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage, and solid proofreading skills
- Experience using style and grammar references, including Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to focus and multitask in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise good independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Gaming and eSports fan
- Experience with legal- and/or finance-related communications
- Technical and/or creative writing experience
- Web-development experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top