Editor, Corporate Communications
Blizzard’s corporate communications team has an immediate opening for an experienced, business-oriented editor who is passionate about helping to shape our messaging around company-level initiatives. This will involve contributing to the communications strategy for everything from social-responsibility projects to quarterly earnings calls to public speeches, in addition to developing and refining the messaging to support such efforts.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a skilled business communicator—someone who is articulate, well versed in the rules of grammar, and experienced in developing their own written work and the work of others. Familiarity with a wide range of communications vehicles—press releases, speeches, FAQs, crisis statements, PowerPoints, and more—is essential, as is experience creating and enlivening copy for a range of channels and audiences—websites, social media, video, the press, and the public.
The editor will partner with internal and external colleagues at different levels of the company, including agencies, customer service teams, web and game developers, and senior executives, so a strong sense of organization, professionalism, self-motivation, attention to detail, and time management is critical. Additionally, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about Blizzard’s games and history, the game industry, and communication trends, and who can write with the humor and creativity appropriate for a global entertainment company.
- Write, edit, proof, fact-check, and polish a variety of business-oriented communications, including emails, FAQs, press releases, web content, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, and more—all with a relentless focus on quality
- Collaborate with marketing, finance, web, legal, executive, and development teams across a range of projects
- Manage content-approval process
- Develop and support crisis-communication strategies on global business-related topics
- Coordinate public-communication efforts with domestic and international teams
- Work with representatives from other departments to help establish and improve content-development processes and public-communication standards
- Interview subject matter experts to gather data for written assignments
- Develop and maintain a communications style guide and other communications guidelines
- Monitor content effectiveness and help modify content strategies accordingly
- Help define, document, and uphold Blizzard communications standards
- Implement consistent document-control procedures and help manage the document file system
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- A. in English or journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years editorial, PR, journalism, or marketing communications experience
- Ability to work quickly, under deadline pressures, at a high-quality level
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage, and solid proofreading skills
- Experience using style and grammar references, including Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to focus and multitask in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise good independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Gaming and esports fan
- Experience with legal- or finance-related communications
- Technical or creative writing experience
- Web-development experience
Required Application Materials**
- Cover letter which includes:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Three of your best writing/editorial samples
**Only submittals with required application materials will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top