Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize and work to improve our games.
As a part of Blizzard’s International organization, the Emerging West (EW) team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational roadmaps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing a return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Scribes, raise your quills! We’re searching for a talented Editor to create marketing copy, social media and blog texts and other written content for our Russian and CIS region game sites, apps and more. If you’re the one we seek, then you’re a passionate gamer and lightning-fast prose-slinger with a serious online focus. You’re deliberate, paying as much attention to the caption on a screenshot as you do to the text of expansive feature pages. Describing items for sale comes as naturally to you as expounding on the exploits of Blizzard Entertainment’s heroes and villains. You write with a keen eye for visual design and that all-important panache.
What’s your motivation? As a fan first, you’re hungry to get cool content out to your people—a highly diverse player base with a ceaseless appetite. You’re a born collaborator, able to craft copy without blowing apart our style standards, but you also relish the chance to work independently. Writing about games as they grow is an iterative process, and you’re forward-thinking enough to make and maintain web pages that live as long as our worlds do. You’re also not scared of a little rewrite (or five).
Ready to shatter deadlines, delight players, and extend Blizzard games beyond the keyboard and controller with the power of the pen? Give us your words.
- Mastery of Russian grammar and composition
- A minimum of 3 years’ personal or professional experience in published copywriting or editing
- Excellent copywriting and creative writing skills
- Able to maintain and contribute to editorial style guides and glossaries
- A sustained history of meeting publication deadlines
- Strong design and user experience mentality and vocabulary
- Proven success collaborating with a diverse team: editors, designers, marketers, and others
- Zest for iteration. If you don’t love refining your work, this is not the role for you
- Exceptional verbal communication skills. Expect to evangelize content ideas and help your team decide on the best ones
- Passion for Blizzard games (and significant experience with one or more current titles)
- Adaptable in the face of new online platforms and content delivery systems
- Understanding of website and social media infrastructure and/or popular content management systems
- Serious gamer cred. You’re in tune with the interests of the gaming community—both Blizzard’s communities and the wider network of people who love games
- An instinct for what’s news, what’s interesting, and what’s required to enjoy a game or a feature
- Independent work ethic and the initiative to craft compelling content without oversight
- Excellent writing and verbal English skills
- Expertise with web design and related tools (HTML, Photoshop, SublimeText / IntelliJ / Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Work Experience in PR / Advertising agency
- Traditionally published creative or technical writing work
Required Application materials
- Writing Portfolio
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top