Dungeon Designer - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the diablo team!
We are looking for a talented content designer with experience building interesting levels and crafting fun scripted content for Diablo IV! The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, art, and engineering groups to create dungeons with fun and varied gameplay content.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Creative design and technical implementation of procedurally generated dungeons using our proprietary tools
- Design and Implementation of scripted dungeon content using Lua
- Support other disciplines in integrating content into our procedural systems
- Creation of 3D Layouts for Dungeon Tilesets using greyblock assets
- Technical Implementation and maintenance of procedural content systems
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in game design
- Experience implementing game content using a programming or scripting language
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical environment
- Good understanding of level design theories and practices
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative and iterative team environment.
- Experience building content in any genre that uses an isometric camera
- Online play experience with various Blizzard Entertainment games (Diablo III, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft, etc.)
- Experience building gameplay content using procedural generation
- Experience using Lua as a scripting language
- Previous design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
- Passion for Blizzard games, especially the Diablo series
Required Application Materials
- Resume, including:
- Screenshots, footage, mockups or any other information regarding scripted content or level layouts.
- Cover Letter, including
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top