Director/Senior Director, Business Performance – Diablo
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Director/Senior Director, Business Performance - Diablo
Requisition ID: R002408
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
We are on a quest to find a legendary Director/Senior Director, Business Performance who is a master of their craft to support the Diablo franchise. The ideal candidate will partner with the design leadership to define and execute the Diablo IV business model and post-launch live service approach and support other franchise topics. Importantly, they will have a deep understanding of and empathy for our players because they are a player themselves.
The Director/Senior Director, Business Performance functions as a team lead, manages the end-to-end lifecycle of a game spanning multiple feature areas and collaborates with the game team on roadmap planning.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We have transitioned to a work-from-home model and we are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build the capability to provide the right information, on time to support short- and long-term decision making for the direction of the Diablo franchise
- Manage the post-launch business service for Diablo IV to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization while maintaining a healthy community
- Define, coordinate, and execute in and out of game activities and events (e.g., pricing and promotions); propose compelling features to improve engagement, retention, and monetization; and report out on performance
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure player base health and business performance. Monitor and escalate potential issues and share performance data with development, publishing, and commercial leadership
- Identify discreet player segments and develop or propose initiatives to address them
- Create, maintain, and optimize ethical monetization models that maximize long-term franchise revenue
- Track player life cycle and acquisition funnel and execute initiatives to grow the player base
- Work with commercial, publishing and development teams to develop SKU and content strategies (in and out of game)
- Collaborate with production to ensure events and initiatives are executed successfully in game
- Increase the repeatability of our successes by sharing best practices and lessons learned with other game teams and bring the best of Blizzard to Diablo
- Passion for the business of games, especially RPGs/ARPGs/MMOs
- Deep knowledge in the key performance metrics that drive game performance
- 8+ years of experience including product management, live ops performance, or monetization design
- Experienced manager with a history of guiding high performers to do their best work
- Data-driven decision maker with intellectual humility and a passion for testing
- A leader by influence who is excited to pitch in and help
- Collaborative problem solver, structured and organized thinker, excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects with diverse stakeholders all over the world (disciplines, regions, etc.)
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
Back to top