Director, Partner Solutions
Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
The Director, Brand Creative Solutions will lead the development of ABEL creative platform and program ideation for sponsor brand campaigns. You will , working with partners and our internal teams to develop and produce valuable league platforms, content and programming for our brand partners and fans that meet and exceed sponsor expectations and objectives.
- Oversee the development, production and evolution of ongoing ABEL creative work, including integrated digital, social, onsite/live events, in-broadcast and VOD elements
- Partner with ABEL league operations, game development teams, marketing and sales to develop proposals for league platform and creative elements for sponsor branding
- Utilize ideation, exceptional writing and presentation design skills to articulate concepts for RFP responses, proposals and client presentations
- Attend client meetings to present integrated marketing concepts and research finding
- Develop a deep understanding of our brand values, esports programs and audience
- Design programs that drive client value while being in alignment with our core values and reputation
- Maintain awareness of trends and innovations in sponsorships and integrations, sports, esports and media
- Tailor programs to specific client needs, unique platforms and a variety of esports initiatives
- Work directly with current and prospective sponsors to brainstorm and develop creative co-marketing elements
- Regularly communicate with the sales team on industry findings, trends and news, with an emphasis on esports, digital media and marketing
- Establish relationships across the organization to build consensus and enable stakeholder buy-in across New York, Irvine and Santa Monica offices
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, media, communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years professional experience in integrated marketing, marketing strategy or related consulting role
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience
- Significant hands-on experience with creative digital marketing, branding platform and marketing campaign development
- Demonstrated successes designing successful campaigns for a wide variety of brands across a range of media
- Experience developing and presenting creative proposals and communication plans
- Strong presentations skills and stakeholder management abilities
- Builds consensus and relationships across the organization and with clients
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- Highly motivated, proactive, high energy and team spirit
- Available for frequent travel
- Background in sports, broadcast, event-based-entertainment or streaming media
- Experiential and/or event marketing experience
- Deep understanding of gaming and fan culture
- Understanding of the esports ecosystem
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top