Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title: Director of Product Management
Requisition ID: R004078
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment's games. Whether you're playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Why work on just one game when you can work on all games? Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to join the Applications group inside B&OP. You will work alongside technical leaders and executive staff for all games at Blizzard and Activision. We work on experiences that span mobile, web, and desktop applications used by over 100 million players every year. Our job is simple. To build experiences that attract, retain, and engage the greatest gamers in the world.
We need a leader that can build a long-term strategy, lead x-product and x-org initiatives, and drive execution to ship epic experiences that have a direct impact on key business and player metrics. We build multiple mobile applications, web sites, and desktop applications that our players rely on every day to play their games, connect with each other, and discover the broad world of Activision and Blizzard gaming.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead Multiple Teams - Work with your Product Management leads and their direct reports, plus Design & Engineering counterparts, to provide the product roadmap, vision, and strategy for how we build experiences and engagement products across our applications
- Experiment & Learn - Design & execute experiments to validate or invalidate hypotheses that are critical to the development and execution of our product strategy
- Voice of the customer - explore and learn how and why customers engage with Blizzard products. Become their voice and represent their needs throughout the development process
- Develop Core Goals & Roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve, and defining measurements to achieve this goal
- Define Features - Work closely with our product teams to develop new features and workflows that help unlock the potential of all teams to deliver more value to our players
- Champion transparency - Champion the roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as a manager of product managers, responsible for shipping widely-used customer-facing products, especially those focused on mobile social and content engagement experiences
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for the gaming industry and community
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!