Director, Digital Marketing
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and experienced digital marketer to play a leadership role within the consumer marketing team. The Director, Digital Marketing is responsible for overseeing digital and social marketing across the Blizzard brand and our franchises, including World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Diablo, and others.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned marketer. Blizzard has remained a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of passionate fans globally, and the future is bright. We are poised for growth through our existing franchises, a strong content pipeline across multiple platforms, and momentum in mobile. We’re in need of a marketing leader to help Blizzard realize its ambitious vision.
The Director, Digital Marketing will be responsible for partnering with a talented team that manages digital platforms and is responsible for building best-in-class content across digital touchpoints, including web, social media, video, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a digital leader with deep experience and a clear track record of developing disruptive and innovative campaigns that push the boundaries of new platforms, and who rethinks ways of engaging consumers. They will partner closely with other marketing, communications, and product teams to develop and execute programs that deepen the relationship with players and attract new fans to the Blizzard franchises.
The position requires experience leading a dynamic team and managing external agencies, production teams, and partner studios through strategy, design, and execution. In addition to leading overall digital strategy and execution for the Blizzard franchises, this person will also help oversee our owned digital and social channels, one-to-one social marketing strategies, digital marketing initiatives, and content programs. The person in this role will have a thought leadership position inside the company as it relates to our passionate fan base and approach to social engagement.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the digital marketing strategy for our brands across campaigns and key beats, driving clear decision-making and key stakeholder alignment with business teams, and senior management.
- Drive social media strategy, development and execution for all Blizzard launches across various social platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitch, etc.
- Lead external agency partners and internal partners on strategy, execution, and optimization, looking for unique ways to use data to create bespoke digital experiences and increase player personalization, all within a mobile-first approach.
- Drive execution intelligence, insights, and delivery using key digital and social analytics, and CMS packages. Familiarity with Sprinklr and Google Analytics are a plus. Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach and drive KPI's across platforms and campaigns.
- Partner with the international digital marketing teams to develop a global strategic approach leading to locally relevant social content and digital plans.
- Continuously optimize our digital channels through continued learning and knowledge of best practices—IP learnings, paid media KPIs, competitive efforts, brand partner input (ex. Google, YouTube, Twitch, 1st party), etc.
- Manage key relationships across internal partners, including growth marketing, creative services, development, community teams, commercial teams and other strategic partnerships.
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations.
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in social media and/or digital marketing—in-house or at an agency. Ideally, direct experience working in gaming and/or entertainment as well.
- Experience designing and supporting integrated digital marketing, social media campaigns, and engagement events as well as developing full cycle reveal-to-launch and post-launch strategies.
- Appetite for all things digital and social—developing innovative campaigns leveraging the newest tech across platforms—and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs to develop engaging campaigns.
- Passion for gaming, a love for the Blizzard brand, and a strong knowledge of gaming audience segments.
- Experience leading a team and working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of management, as well as third party agencies and partners.
- A proactive mindset, strong work ethic, and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional and franchise team leads.
- Cover letter
Back to top