Director, Business Intelligence
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
Major League Gaming (MLG) is looking for a director, business intelligence to report to the Head of Operations. This role is unique within esports: build and lead a data, analytics and research team for a world-class media platform. You will help unlock the value potential of MLG by helping stakeholders across the organization to make data-driven decisions, build process and tools, and identify new opportunities for engagement and monetization. This senior leadership role will closely partner with engineering and product resources to expand the role data will play at MLG.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Lead efforts across MLG to collect, manage and use internal and external data to optimize and improve decision making
- Develop and perform advanced analytics, marketing measurement and engagement
- Partner with finance teams on the delivery of accurate and timely reporting
- Collaborate with ad sales and marketing leadership to drive performance
- Coordinate with technical colleagues to ensure proper delivery, storage and usage in a centralized data warehouse
- Responsible for the roadmap and management of vendor solutions and
- Communication of the data roadmap to stakeholder groups
- Hiring and management of business intelligence team to build the subject matter expertise around these capabilities, as well as engage with consultants as necessary
- Keep up to date with emerging digital technologies and their relevance to our tech stack
- 8+ years of experience managing teams and successfully delivering analytic solutions, ideally in a media or ecommerce environment
- Strong mathematical or statistical background
- Significant experience with enterprise reporting, data quality and governance, and metadata management
- Experience with device-level mobile and web tracking, user acquisition, and marketing funnel attribution
- Demonstrated and thorough understanding of online measurement and analytics systems
- Deep experience with site-side tracking technologies across mobile, web and console environments
- Expert-level communication and presentation skills with both technical and business audiences
- Extensive experience building and mentoring high-performing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Thorough understanding of data visualization tools and self-service dashboard solutions
- Active gamer and gaming enthusiast
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top