Digimatte Artist, Cinematics - Temp
The Digital Matte Painter - Temp is responsible for crafting environment driven shots that includes full 3D environment shots, landscapes, set extensions and sky domes. You can craft photorealistic or stylized environments exhibiting strong foundation in traditional or digital art skills specifically in image composition, perspective, lighting, texturing and color.
- Create, extend or improve shot environments using a combination 2.5D and 3D Digimatte methodologies.
- Development of 3D assets involving modelling, texturing and lighting to support DMP environment shots.
- Composite 3D renders and 2D elements within Nuke for shot delivery.
- Integration of photographic and rendered elements to achieve photo-real and stylized results.
- Efficient and accessible organization of complex 2.5D and 3D set-ups to share with other artists and teams.
- Works closely with other team members towards developing the look of an element and or shot.
- Effectively communicate with artists, supervisors, and production to flag issues and offer solutions.
- Ability to work closely with both artists and production to tackle problems within a production schedule.
- Ability to convey and incorporate ideas across multiple disciplines
- Enthusiastic, Flexible and Collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to model, texture, light and render 3D assets.
- Proficient in compositing 3D and 2D elements within Nuke.
- Professional experience with Nuke, Photoshop, Vray, Redshift, 3DS Max and Maya
- 3+ years of applicable experience working in either a feature film, games professional setting
- You are a guru of when it comes to time management
- You are a phenomenal teammate who loves a fun, uplifting, and dynamic work environment.
- Prior experience using World Machine, Renderman, Mari, Zbrush, Forest Pack
- Interest in painting, sculpting, photography, etc
- BFA or equivalent in Painting, Photography, Computer Graphics or similar
Resume (PDF Preferred)
Demo Reel / Portfolio Website
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top