Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing Desktop Technician to join the IT Events team. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments to epic scale events like BlizzCon. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Provide on-site support to end users on a variety of IT related issues.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems during setup and execution of event.
- Front line support for technical issues during event execution
- Travel to event locations to ensure flawless execution.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Ability to manage and work in conjunction with 3rd party outsource labor workers.
- Manage ticket request and follow-up with users.
- Install and maintain Windows and Mac operating systems (OS).
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and software.
- Pack and palletize hardware to ship to and from events.
- Inventory tracking when receiving and shipping hardware to and from events.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Reliability and dependability
- "Can do" attitude
- Team Player
- Extensive hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows 7, 10 and Apple OSX
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Ability (and willingness) to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Work overtime
- Passion for gaming
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top