Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing Desktop Administrator to join the IT Events team. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments to epic scale events like BlizzCon. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Familiar with desktop PC team processes, workflows, and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate event objectives and scope to establish proper technical requirements to support.
- Ability to support desktop hardware and software outside of corporate infrastructure.
- Strong PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Imaging and Sysprep
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy management.
- Familiar with Powershell and deployment systems.
- Ability to manage and work in conjunction with third party outsource labor workers.
- Forge strong cross team partnerships to gather software requirements for offsite use.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot simple network configuration using dummy switches.
- Participate in early planning conversations to start early technical scoping.
- Travel to event locations to ensure flawless execution.
- Independent worker. Capable of running small-scale events with minimal onsite support.
- Creative problem solver who creates and implements solutions which carry forward.
- Inventory tracking when receiving and shipping hardware to and from events.
- Pack and palletize hardware to ship to and from events.
- A minimum of 5 years' managing desktop hardware and software
- Expert knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Goal orientated
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral, and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Work overtime
- A passion for video games
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 45 lbs.
- Able to work weekends and flexible hours depending on show schedules.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top