Design Manager - World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
World of Warcraft
Job Title: Design Manager - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R004673
The World of Warcraft design team is a tremendous group of some of the best designers and storytellers in the industry. This opening is for a design manager that will work one on one with the designers on the World of Warcraft team to help promote their individual growth and success.
You will apply your leadership background and knowledge to help improve the day-to-day life of the design team. You are someone who can help a designer define and clarify their individual professional goals. Your time will be dedicated to helping both the designer and the team achieve the best possible outcome from our collective efforts. The ideal candidate will have a background as a creator and leader in video game design. Anyone with a master's degree in leadership or equivalent experience with creative teams will also be considered.
You will report to the current design manager, and partner with them to establish key duties and responsibilities.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work to improve the work-life for designers
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Provide 1:1 coaching with individual designers to ensure career goals, team alignment, and team health are maintained
- Help develop and make clear paths for designers' career development and facilitate performance reviews for the team
- Partner with the other design manager and work alongside the design director, lead design producer, and HR manager
- Be a consistent, steady voice in decisions that help achieve both short-term and long-term goals of the design team
- Partner with the production department, design leads, and recruiting with regards to staffing and hiring
- 5+ years of experience in team leadership as a video game designer or master's degree in leadership
- High level of emotional intelligence and tact
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective communicator
- Always stay focused and calm
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top