We are looking for a Design Lead to lead the creative projects and assets in the Digital Marketing team in Europe. You’ll manage team of talented multidisciplinary digital designers, and you’ll be working on a range of web projects, marketing campaigns, social artworks and other digital initiatives. We will be asking you to lead the team both as a manager and mentor, and help define the creative vision for the team. We are passionate about user-centered design, and so will be looking for someone that is not only an exceptional visual designer, but someone who also loves getting user-validation, is keenly focused on UX and can guide the team towards a UCD process. You’ll be working on projects from inception to delivery, helping the team and stakeholders define goals and strategy, designing solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard Entertainment quality.
- Maintain creative vision and oversight of all Digital Marketing projects
- Managing the design team, stimulating an environment of creativity and quality-focus
- Manage designers’ projects and task assignment to drive productivity
- Design solutions; wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, assets, etc.
- Structure and enforce user-centric working methodologies in the team, and define the optimal workflow together with the rest of the management team
- Define design quality standards, finding the right balance between market best practice and Blizzard’s franchise guidelines
- Teach and mentor the team, level up the soft and hard skills and help hire new talent.
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a design lead, product lead, or design manager role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, or similar
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbally. Fluent in English
- Experience in training, mentoring, and managing other designers
- Experience and examples creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and/or mobile applications
- Examples of high-level visual strategy, highly detailed wireframes and designs
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top