Data Engineer, Mobile Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas nor do they end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of an epic game than the work of developers and more than you can ever imagine goes into continuing to build and hone and perfect the most epic gaming experience in the years after our games are in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Global Insights team and augment our Mobile Analytics group with technical leadership and vision, innovation and agility with big data at scale, and to develop a deep and rich subject matter expertise with the data most important to the franchise.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
- Work with a team of engineers to build large scale data services and features.
- Debug issues in a production environment across multiple levels of the stack.
- Communicate effectively with the team and stakeholders.
- Promote a positive engineering and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience on a software team preferably building back-end data services, API's, or microservices in a large-scale production environment.
- Has experience working with data architects and can think holistically of the data solution/pipelines. Comfortable to communicate frequently with data platform team.
- Good experience working with ETL, relational databases and writing SQL.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Design data models for a new products.
- Enjoy and have experience building API's.
- Experience with mobile app data. Would be even better if dealt with geo-location data.
- Passionate about working with analytics systems and/or data models.
- Passion for gaming.
- Passionate video gamer with in-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games, products, and services.
- Experience in technical project management
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top