Data Analyst, Web & Mobile
At Blizzard Entertainment, we strive to create the most epic gameplay experiences ever made. In support of this goal, the Blizzard Web & Mobile team creates engaging websites and mobile apps that serve and connect millions of people worldwide, from first-time users to hardcore gamers. We help players discover our games, interact with their friends, and bond with a huge community of players, and we believe building our projects on a solid foundation of research and data is a key to their success.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our group of enthusiastic, talented, genuine, fun and data-driven individuals. You will help us understand the behavior and needs of our players as they use our game websites, mobile apps, and games. You will dive into our data and deliver actionable insights, analyses and recommendations to our global teams to help inform day-to-day decision making and shape long-term project strategies. The ideal candidate for the role is passionate about quantitative research, has the capacity to extract trends from large amounts of information, and is able to effectively communicate findings verbally and visually back to the team.
We’re more than just a gaming company; we’re an entertainment company. Help us shape the most epic experiences ever.
This is a full-time position in Austin, TX.
- Evaluate the overall performance and health of Blizzard websites and mobile apps.
- Champion the use of data and research in project execution across the Web & Mobile department.
- Collect and analyze data using Google Analytics and in-house data storage systems.
- Partner with cross-departmental teams to ensure tagging consistency and data quality throughout the data pipeline. Help define tagging best practices and work with teams to implement tags.
- Troubleshoot any data issues related to tracking and reporting.
- Partner with program management, design, and engineering teams to define KPIs and analytics strategy for new and existing products.
- Help aggregate, organize, and visualize data through analytics dashboards, using specialized tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau.
- Create, maintain and propagate custom and recurring analytics reports delivering insights on user behavior, site performance, new feature success, and testing.
- Present your findings to teams, stakeholders and executives to help support decision making.
- Provide recommendations to keep Blizzard’s analytics environment in line with company needs and up to industry standards.
- Train and mentor team members to use analytics tracking tools and services (self-service model).
- Partner with Optimization Strategist on A/B testing projects, hypothesis creation, success metrics definition, project documentation, and test analysis reporting.
- Partner with QA to define analytics tests cases and regression testing.
- Set up reporting to monitor KPIs and perform recurring audits to ensure data quality.
- Analytical mindset, detail oriented, and passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results and critical outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience working as an analyst in the web and mobile technology field
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization, including team leadership and executive teams, as well as across multiple functions and disciplines
- Experience with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Experience with tag manager tools: Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Signal, Adobe DTM, etc.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including very strong Excel skills
- Experience with in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, survey, and market research
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Understanding of user experience best practices
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience with speedy SQL queries
- Experience supporting remote team development and opportunities
- Pertinent web and mobile experience in the game industry
- Passion for gaming and for Blizzard games and products in particular
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top