Corporate Communications Manager
Blizzard’s corporate communications team has an immediate opening for an experienced, business-oriented global corporate communications manager who is passionate about helping to shape our messaging around company-level initiatives. This will involve developing and coordinating everything from communication strategy and programs that support Blizzard’s reputation and branding to helping drive visibility for Blizzard’s philanthropic efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience with corporate communications and media relations, strong traditional media chops, and a solid track record of working directly with reporters pitching, placing, and shaping stories to help tell the company narrative.
- Help develop corporate communicationsstrategy and manage execution of programs to support Blizzard’s reputation and key initiatives
- Contribute tostrategic communications plan that drives broader visibility for Blizzard’s philanthropic efforts
- Prepare PR communications materials including media kits, presentations, speeches, videos,and other digital support materials
- Assist in the development and coordination of crisis management and communications plansand processes
- Manage external agency relationships
- Provide counsel to leadership regarding incoming media requests
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets and communications partners that lead to mainstream media coverage of the company and its initiatives.
- Develop communications strategy and represent Blizzard at major events and trade shows
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working in public relations or corporate communications
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working across multiple regions and collaborating across multiple functions
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective corporate communications strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other’s plans and objectives
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- PR experience working with major video game, entertainment, tech brands is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism, or equivalent experience
- A passion for video gaming and the Blizzard brand
Required Application Materials**
- Cover letter which includes:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Three of your best communication samples
**Only submittals with required application materials will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top