Coordinator, Player Travel and Visa
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated person to help execute our esports projects and operations. The Coordinator of Player Travel and Visa will work with other Blizzard teams including events, legal, finance, and marketing to help support and execute esports operational duties and other initiatives. The primary focus of this position will be owning the travel logistics for the esports team, players, talent, and vendors. Other responsibilities include coordinating with internal esports product teams, external tournament organizers, assisting with Blizzcon travel needs as well as various other administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience in managing multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced environment while coordinating with multiple stakeholders. This customer facing position should have a service oriented mentality focused on making travel arrangements easy for our partners. Familiarity working with third party vendors is a huge plus. Essential attributes include excellent communications skills, interpersonal skills, an ability to multitask, and remain focused in high-pressure situations. In addition, they must be highly self-motivated, organized, and enthusiastic about esports and events organization.
This is a full-time position at our office in Burbank, California
*Possibility of training in Irvine, California
- Be the customer oriented face for the esports team to coordinate travel and hospitality for Blizzard esports events.
- Responsible for booking air, hotel, catering, and ground transportation for esports events.
- Serve as on-site resource for travel and hospitality related issues at event locations.
- Monitors active travel to ensure all arrangements are executed as arranged or needed.
- Work with appropriate internal teams to collect documentation needed to secure Visas for players
- Identify, create, and collect necessary legal and financial documentation for travelers.
- Determines effective alternatives to adapt to immediate changes in travel plans.
- Work with third party contractors including players and talent to book travel needs for upcoming events with a friendly service oriented focus.
- Create, contribute, and improve travel process documentation.
- Work with global teams and players to assist with organizing international travel.
- Provide triage to travel arrangements when requirements change or customers miss travel plans.
- Monitor, track, and report travel costs to budget stakeholders, recommend, champion options, and solutions for a diverse set of travel needs.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute duties such as finance, legal, accounts payable, events, IT, and others.
- Provide on-site assistance for large scale events including hotel check in and insuring guests have a positive travel experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An interest in esports, the esports community, and Blizzard games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in events, hospitality, or travel experience
- Able to interact effectively with both gamers and business partners
- Able to self-manage resources to achieve objectives
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multi-cultural environments
- Organized, extremely detail-focused, and driven to consistently meet project deadlines
- Excellent communications skills in verbal and written English
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- High Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel as needed for events, including international travel
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard esports communities
- Professional industry experience in travel, front of house hospitality, or customer service
- Experience in events, sports or esports live video production and broadcasting
- Experience in Confluence and Jira with a passion for documentation
- Fluent in Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, or other foreign languages
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top