- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Concept Artist
Requisition ID: R002480
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you're a skilled Concept Artist, come join us on the Diablo 4 team and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for what we do. We believe that for those looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Do you geek out on dark, gothic and macabre art? We're looking for an extraordinarily talented Concept Artist for our world of Diablo. Your creativity will help make our entire art department better at producing gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will range from generating ideas from scratch, to tweaking and improving existing assets and art for the Diablo world to make it all look as amazing as possible. One day you may be working on a weapon or armor set, the next day a monster or a landscape. We expect you to be comfortable with ambiguity, and as an artist you're happy tackling the job of being an individual contributor.
Being a listener and a voracious learner, you thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You actively seek out feedback from your peers, Lead and Art Director, and you always ensure to collaborate to meet the expected and required quality bars.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Well, we're always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Excellent illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design
- Good understanding of the distinctive Diablo visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Mastery of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Impressive and relevant portfolio demonstrating concept art created by you.
- Experience working with a lead artist or art director in developing a unique and cohesive visual style for levels and assets
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Think of yourself as a game developer first, and an artist second
- A passion for games
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator and an amazing team-player
- Experience being part of a game development team
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life's too short to pretend to be something you're not (unless we're talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge of the Diablo universe.
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
- Ability to work full time.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Back to top