We pride ourselves in forging amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need passionate, creative, smart, driven people with kickass talent.
We are looking for a concept artist to join our team on an unannounced project. This is a hyper-creative role for an artist with a vibrant imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. You will be expected to assist in defining the overall look and feel of a wide variety of characters, weapons, environments and other elements. This role requires a strong sense of design as well as the ability to render highly detailed concepts. We value a tightknit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing the creative bounds. If you have the desire to push your talents to help us create an awesome Blizzard experience, then join us!
- Work in conjunction with the 3d character artists to create a high-quality asset from beginning to finish.
- Create environmental concepts that include landscape/architectural designs, props, and occasional mood paintings.
- Create original character and object concepts for every aspect of the project, including character sheets and multiple object view angles.
- Iterate on in-game assets with production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques.
- Work with the art director and leads to flesh out the creative aspects of the project.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and to full implementation
- A passion for games
- Previous experience working on a first-person or other action-oriented game
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
An art test may be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate an ability to match our desired style for the game
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top