Community Manager - StarCraft / Heroes / Others
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a Community Manager who is responsible for well-organized public communication and player engagement by leading community projects and communication.
This individual should be a forward thinker capable of taking projects from start to finish and have strong communications skills both for internal and external situations (including international). Additionally, this person is highly motivated, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is familiar with Blizzard games and has in-depth understanding of game industry and its community. The person should have rich experience in public communication, community development efforts and social media.
- Develop and manage communication strategy/community channel.
- Create and manage community publishing (communication and content on owned medias and social media) with high level of quality and timeliness.
- Drive the franchise eSports communications to build excitement and engagement for eSports
- Manage and analyze performance/progression of official communication platforms.
- Plan and execute community projects, including on/offline event/promotion.
- Develop innovative plans, programs and strategies to increase reach of communication and community engagement.
- Collaborate with partners (fan-sites, influencer and any others relevant) to promote our communication efforts.
- Collaborate with other teams/departments to develop and execute the franchise Integrated Marketing Communication plan.
- Provide editorial guidance and coaching to other community team members.
- Analyze and report impact/result of communication and community promotion.
- Generate meaningful/constructive report on community sentiment and voice of community.
- Build strong relationships within the team, HQ, and the relevant teams within the company and the industry.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years' of experience in community, social media, public relations (PR) or other public communication-related field
- A passionate gamer and strong understanding/experience in MOBA/RTS genre and eSports
- Strong understanding of current social media trends and game/entertainment community
- An exceptional writing skills and practical experience in writing/editing articles/posts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with external partners
- Good analytical and reporting skills and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
- Able to travel as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Business level of English skill
- Previous experience in game/entertainment/eSports industry
- Previous experience in online/viral/digital marketing or content related business
- Knowledge and/or network with current game community/influencers
- Video/Image contents design/editing skills
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top