Community Manager, Relationships, Southern Cone
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Community Manager who is enthusiastic about influencer outreach and relationships. This role will strengthen relationships with franchise content creators, talent, thought leaders, organizers, and advocates through outreach, ongoing programs, and collaborations in Brazil and other Southern Cone territories
The ideal candidate would have a passion for people and networking, and knowledge of gaming, user-generated content, streaming, and the world of social media influence. They would also have a proven track record of launching relationship programs, and recruiting key community members as participants in events and activations to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
This position will report to the Manager, Community Development Latin America and is based in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Oversee and participate in identification, building, and maintaining of relationships with creators, talent, community leaders, and advocates in Brazil and other Southern Cone territories with limited to no supervision.
- Act as the point of contact for potential and existing relationships with community members and partners.
- Communicate regularly to keep these community members appraised of upcoming features, events, and opportunities.
- Manage a database of key relationships and ensure collaboration for community members in all of Blizzard’s franchises.
- Propose and drive new programs and meaningful innovation or refinements to existing programs that benefit multiple franchises.
- Curate and help with the promotion of community content across multiple channels.
- Propose and then execute content collaborations and partnerships.
- Work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders to integrate key community individuals into campaigns.
- Attend consumer and community events representing Blizzard, and interact with event organizers to secure Blizzard content or fansite participation.
- Independently manage Blizzard hosted events/summits or maintain a strong presence in partner and esports events.
- Measure, monitor, report and provide meaningful feedback on influencer sentiment, concerns, and suggestions, as well as program performance, competitors’ activity, and local trends.
- Additional projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in sociology, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, talent management, entertainment, events, or related field.
- 'Have done, can do, will do' approach and high sense of urgency and proactive attitude.
- High impact project ownership and management experience.
- Able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision.
- A consummate networker.
- Be accessible and responsive to external enquiries.
- Displays commitment to excellence and monitors its own work to ensure quality.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand.
- Able to quickly build rapport up, down, and across the organization, establishing collaborative relationships to achieve objectives, seeking win-win solutions to conflict, displaying empathy and tolerates diverse viewpoints being respectful and approachable.
- Staff coaching experience.
- Experience pulling data and interpreting it to find insights and takeaways as well as trends related to content types, channels etc.
- Understand the current state of communications, social media, and consumer trends in the Southern Cone and leverage them to promote Blizzard and its games.
- Financial (budgeting, ROI-oriented prioritization) and data/insights savvy.
- Experience with formal internal presentations to leadership.
- Excellent communications skills in Brazilian Portuguese, English, and Spanish.
- Avid social media user who is always experimenting with the next social platforms and trends.
- Knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games.
- A passion for gaming and gaming communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to travel, including internationally, and work late shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Existing relationships within the gaming community.
- Advanced degrees in Communication or related field.
- Direct talent management experience.
- Contract management experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top