Community Manager, Middle East and Africa
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the International West Emerging Markets team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational roadmaps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing a return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an outgoing, energetic, and highly self-motivated Community Manager to interact with our players in the Middle East and Africa regions, whilst also developing community networks and initiatives. This role will strengthen relationships with franchise content creators, talent, thought leaders, organizers, and advocates through outreach, ongoing programs, and collaborations.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for people and networking, and knowledge of gaming, user generated content, streaming, and the world of social media influence. They would also have a proven track record of launching relationship programs, and recruit key community members as participants in events and activations to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Oversee and participate in identification, building, and maintaining relationships with creators, talent, community leaders, and advocates in MEA region
- Act as the point of contact for potential and existing relationships with community members and partners
- Communicate regularly to keep these community members appraised of upcoming features, events, and opportunities.
- Be accessible and responsive to external inquiries
- Manage a database of key relationships and ensure collaboration for community members in all of Blizzard’s franchises
- Propose and drive new programs and meaningful innovation or refinements to existing programs across all franchises
- Curate and help with the promotion of community content across multiple channels.
- Propose and then execute content collaborations and partnerships
- Work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders to integrate key community individuals into campaigns
- Independently manage Blizzard hosted events/summits or maintain strong presence in partner and esports events
- Measure, monitor, report and provide meaningful feedback on influencer sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Measure, monitor, and report on specific program performance and longer-term trends as well as other industries related to influencer efforts
- Additional projects and other duties as assigned
- Generate creative, high-quality editorial content
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, talent management, entertainment, events, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with customer facing communications and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic & English
- Genuinely passionate and enthusiastic about the Blizzard games and its community
- Experience pulling data and interpreting it to find insights and takeaways as well as trends related to content types, channels etc
- Understand the current state of the communications, social media and consumer trends in MEA region and leverage them to promote Hearthstone
- Able to travel, including international
- Existing relationships within the gaming communities
- Advanced degrees in Communication or related field
- Staff experience on a video game website, fan site, or producing game-related video content
- Avid social media user who is always experimenting with the next social platforms and trends
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top