Cinematic Back End TD (Technical Director)
Cinematics TD (Back End)
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced back end technical director (TD) to join our cinematics team. The back end TD must have a thorough knowledge of lighting and rendering tools, look development, matte painting, compositing, and related industry standard workflows, as well as related cross pipeline tools and workflows. They will work with technical and artistic supervisors to determine workflows, tool requirements, and asset needs for the back end teams. This individual will also implement artist tools and workflow automation. They must be excellent communicators.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to CG back end disciplines
- Strong understanding of the CG production process, from asset creation to final compositing
- Excellent working knowledge of RenderMan, Vray, Redshift, and / or other renderers
- Clear working knowledge of lighting workflows and tools in CG Packages (e.g. Maya, Katana)
- Proficient python development skills and debugging techniques
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment
- Very comfortable within a Unix / Linux environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya
- Thorough working knowledge of Nuke and compositing workflows
- Shader development / RSL skills
- Strong programming design skills
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Windows programming experience
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Generalist TD experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
Required Application Materials
- PDF of your Resume
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top