Character Technical Artist, Skinning - World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an individual who wants to get hands on experience helping rigging creatures and characters on World of Warcraft. Help us push the development of the WoW rigging pipeline by supporting character team, animation team, working on tech art tools, and problem solving.
Our ideal candidate has experience with rigging characters and creatures on one or more successful AAA console and/or PC games. We are looking for someone passionate about building great rigs, working with great people, and creating great games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create rigs and rigging systems for characters, mounts, and creatures
- Communicate across departments
- Work closely with Animators to understand and support their needs
- Game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in game/film development creating rigs
- Knowledge of content creation software, especially Maya and/or Max
- High skill level of rigging knowledge and responsibilities
- Understanding of animation fundamentals and how they apply to creating rigs
- Understanding of scripting/Python relating to rigging and technical art
- Great organization and communication skills
- A demo reel/website link
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top