World of Warcraft
Job Title: Character Technical Artist, Rigging - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R001963
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an individual who wants to help bring to life creatures and characters on Azeroth. You will do that by rigging creatures and characters for World of Warcraft. Help us push the development of the WoW rigging pipeline by supporting character team, animation team, working on tech art tools, and problem solving.
The ideal person is passionate about building great rigs, working with great people, and continuing to make World of Warcraft an epic experience.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create rigs and rigging systems for characters, mounts, and creatures
- Work closely with animators to understand and support their needs
- Work closely with character artists to make sure character models are created properly and are ready to be rigged.
- Communicate across departments
- Some experience rigging/skinning in Maya
- Knowledge of 3D software (Example Maya or 3DS Max)
- High skill level of rigging knowledge and responsibilities
- Understanding of animation fundamentals and how they apply to creating rigs
- Great organization and communication skills
- A demo reel/website link
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.