Character Artist – World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Character Artist - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R003107
A Character Artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to painting, illustration, design or traditional media
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Portfolio website
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
World of Warcraft
Back to top