A Character Artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to painting, illustration, design or traditional media
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Portfolio website
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top