Character Art Intern
Internship Term: 2019
CHARACTER ART INTERN
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2019. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Character Art Intern to help us make something extraordinary. As a character artist, you will work with concept artists, tech artists, animators and the character team to help create characters, creatures, armors, and weapons in the Diablo universe. The ideal candidate understands that character work does not end in zBrush, and can texture, model and optimize just as well as they can sculpt. We are looking for someone with a passion for learning, enjoys collaborating with others, and share our love for games!
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2019 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2019 – August 2019 or June 2019 – September 2019 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Proficiency in Maya, zBrush, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Solid understanding of human/creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- An aesthetic eye for costuming and visual design
- Self-motivated, humble, great communications skills, and a team-player attitude
- A passion for learning
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration and conceptual design
- Proficiency with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer
- General understanding of current character art creation techniques and PBR workflow
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation, and deformation
- Passion for all thing’s games, Blizzard, and Diablo!
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of relevant artwork, online preferred
- An art test may be required
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2018.
Back to top