Business Operations Coordinator, Global Broadcast & Events
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, tenacious, and impeccably-organized business coordinator for its events and broadcast teams. The position will report to the associate business manager, broadcast & events operations.
Contract and financial process facilitation will be the position’s primary focus. The ideal candidate will thrive on detail and complex spreadsheets as they track, report on, and support complex business processes. They must also be able to work quickly and efficiently, multitask with a high-volume workload, remain productive in high-pressure situations, and communicate clearly across various subjects and individuals. The position will also include general administrative and operational duties and may require a flexible schedule to accommodate night and weekend work in line with the production schedule. This is a 12-18 month contract position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Initiate, track, and facilitate events team and broadcast team contracts and POs, working closely with Blizzard’s legal, purchasing, and accounting teams.
- Support financial operations including invoicing, payables, coding, budgeting, and financial data entry, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team.
- Document, analyze, report on, and improve internal legal & financial systems and business processes and procedures.
- Partner with supervisor, project management office, and business operations team to migrate legal and financial tracking systems from excel to JIRA and document and implement new process workflow.
- Facilitate new vendor onboarding and maintain preferred vendor database.
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts.
- Handle receipts and credit card reconciliations, and create expense reports.
- Organize meetings and conference calls, including calls across global time zones.
- Compile and distribute events team reports and meeting minutes as needed.
- Manage shipment and receipt of packages as needed.
- Handle facilities and IT requests as needed.
- Handle other administrative or operational duties as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business operations or administrative role that included legal or financial responsibilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality
- Customer-service orientation
- Love of learning and growing
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule to accommodate night and weekend work in line with the production schedule
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Excel & JIRA
- Proficiency with JIRA, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Experience working in the events, gaming, or broadcast industry
- Six Sigma, LEAN, or other process improvement knowledge
- A passion for gaming
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top