Business Development Director, International West
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard business development, we are always looking for new ways to make more people enjoy our games and make them be proud members of our community of players. Business Development looks for opportunities to improve our overall operations, including business models, payment methods, distribution channels, co-marketing/partnership deals, and any other activity that could expand our reach within the international communities of players.
Our team is currently looking for a talented Business Development Director, International West to support our growing team based in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Identify and assess new business opportunities that meet the strategic needs of Blizzard Entertainment, including alternative revenues models, partnerships, and ancillary product opportunities.
- Lead deal development and prospecting, sourcing, and negotiating/closing. This includes proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analysis, and develop recommendations on business development priorities.
- Manage and extend existing partner relationships such as telcos, hardware manufacturers, etc.
- Contribute to negotiations of internal business tools.
- Ensure the execution of contract points and track partner contractual compliance.
- Work closely with finance, marketing, and technical teams to support business development strategies
- A deal veteran with an understanding of the video game industry and the broader media landscape
- Experienced negotiator, adept at negotiating sound commercial agreements and possesses a solid understanding of contracts including licensing agreements.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in business development at a leading media and/or content company.
- Have a strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling and comfortable developing and executing growth strategies.
- A clear communicator who is highly collaborative and adaptable.
- A Bachelor´s degree in Business or similar (MBA will be a plus)
- May have depth of knowledge in function derived from experience in senior management and middle management roles
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top