Build Engineer - Overwatch 2
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Build Engineer - Overwatch 2
Requisition ID: R001983
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities...engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we're looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet's governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched-and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world's heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Build Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have a passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a Build Engineer on the Overwatch team, you will help manage our build servers and build systems, finding and fixing problems before others are even aware that they exist. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, comfortable working across a variety of technologies and a strong problem solver with a passion for enabling others to succeed, and able to balance their work effectively while supporting a development team.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop and manage our build applications and systems infrastructure to support building on multiple platforms.
- Engage with service teams from many teams across Blizzard, integrating our build systems with common platforms and tools used by many teams.
- Monitor and respond to build system health incidents. Help solve problems that impact the team.
- Ensure developers on the team can accomplish their day-to-day work efficiently.
- Document build systems and help educate engineers on build system functionality and processes.
- Passion for tools development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience with Perforce or other version control systems
- Programming polyglot, strong skills in C#, C++, and one or more interpreted language
- Able to work effectively with a variety of disciplines
- Prior experience developing bespoke build systems
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or other relational databases
- Experience with Premake, CMake, or other project generation tools
- Comfortable with both Linux and Windows system administration
- Live operations experience
Back to top