Blizzard Entertainment is dedicated to creating the most epic gaming experiences…Ever! Our regional organization based in Taiwan is an exciting extension of the Blizzard family with a workplace that values collaboration, creativity, a passion for games, and fun
Want to join us?
Blizzard Entertainment's network operations team is looking for a self-motivated and skilled IT technician to work on both internal IT departments and service infrastructure. The ideal candidate would be an extremely customer-focused and organized individual. Job duties range from desktop support to simple network and server troubleshooting. This individual will serve as the first response technical assistance to our Taiwanese team.
- Support and maintain all IT infrastructures on site.
- Provide first line support for all IT needs in remote office.
- Interface with Global IT admins and engineers to troubleshoot all MDF / IDF related issues.
- Work with global IT staff.
- Familiar with a wide array of software and operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc.; installing and maintaining all Microsoft OSes)
- Able to troubleshoot and repair PC hardware and software
- Basic to intermediate knowledge on server administration
- Basic to intermediate knowledge on Active Directory account provisioning and management
- Basic to intermediate knowledge on provision of Exchange mailbox
- Intermediate Microsoft networking knowledge and experience
- Able to take remote direction and accurately describe issues to remote resources
- Maintain and support audio visual, VoIP and telecom resources, and infrastructure
- Able and willing to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- 24 hour availability in case of emergencies
- Able to work non-standard hours
- Basic antivirus software knowledge
- Good communications skill in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Good organization and time management skills
- Passion for computer / video games
- High level of dependability, with a "Watch me, I’ll make it happen" attitude
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of network routing technologies (TCP / IP, DNS, WINS, management of NT / AD domains)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of VoIP technologies (IP Communicator and CTIOS)
- Knowledge of remote system maintenance and software deployment methods. (SCCM, MDT, remote desktop, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Script language such as Perl and other shell script for system admin / network programming work
- Related major (computer science / engineering)
- General understanding of power management for racks and MDFs as well as knowledge of APC infrastructure
- Knowledge of Netbackup and backup procedures
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top