Big Data Architect, Nexus
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas nor do they end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of an epic game than the work of developers and more than you can ever imagine goes into continuing to build and hone and perfect the most epic gaming experience in the years after our games are in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Big Data Architect to join our Global Insights, Nexus team and help shape and drive the vision of our analytical data ecosystem. In this role, you will be working closely with a cross-functional group of grandmaster data ninjas featuring data engineers, data scientists, business analysts, economists, and software engineers who are together generating both business- and gameplay-related insights across all aspects of Blizzard’s business including each of our game franchises, esports, publishing, player experience, and more. You will act as a liaison and evangelist, ensuring that the Global Insights team is in lock-step with the greater technological initiatives at Blizzard and that its analytical data ecosystem continues to be a critical hub in the overall tech strategy; you will be a driver in new developments for new and emerging use cases in our analytical ecosystem; and you will be a visionary and guide, unifying the Global Insights tech stack into a strategically cohesive and operationally integrated end-to-end product suite.
- Unify the Global Insights tech stack into a strategically cohesive and operationally integrated end-to-end product suite
- Partner with key members of the technological organization at Blizzard to ensure the Global Insights team is in lock-step with greater technological initiatives at Blizzard
- Drive ongoing innovation and development to empower the analytics team with a best-in-business analytical data ecosystem
- Define solutions based on stakeholders needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms
- Research, identify, test, select, and drive adoption of technology products within the analytical data ecosystem to ensure ongoing best-in-class capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field (graduate degree preferred)
- 8+ years working in a large data ecosystem, at least 4 of which involved direct input to and focus on product-level features and capabilities
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to generate consensus and drive initiatives
- Very strong knowledge of relational databases, MPPs, SQL
- Very strong experience with the Hadoop ecosystem including HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive/Pig, et. al.
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design, architecture principles, and techniques to take business requirements from concept to implementation
- Knowledge of Python, Java, Linux architecture and scripting
- Strong personal investment in the success of the end product
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with both strategic recommendation and operational reporting ecosystems
- Passionate video gamer with in-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games, products, and services
- Interest in or experience with mentoring junior members of a technical team
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top