Assoc/Mid Quest Designer - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
The Diablo IV team is looking for a talented Quest Designer with a combined skillset that blends compelling gameplay and storytelling to help us create play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for Diablo IV.
The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, audio, localization, art, worldbuilding, and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement story-focused content.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
- Demonstrated ability to craft quests, stories, characters, and events within game development toolsets
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, story delivery, and character voice
- Solid grasp of the styles of writing and visual storytelling that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing themes
- Experience with world building and writing for role playing games
- Ability to communicate effectively in crafting scenes and story that inspires creativity in your fellow team members
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Minimum 2 years game design experience on a released game
- Broad knowledge of successful games, books, and movies in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Experience creating quests, points of interest, and characters within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Back to top