Associate Software Engineer, Graphics - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We have an amazing opportunity for an Associate Software Engineer to make an impact on the future of graphics at Blizzard, working on our new engine. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers working to deliver a truly epic game engine experience to our game development teams. The ideal candidate has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated graphics programming experience (in the personal, educational or professional arena).
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Currently enrolled in a US college or university
- Graduating between December 2019 – August 2020
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for computer graphics technology and game engine development
- Interest in programming for modern graphics backends (e.g DirectX 12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++
- Strong mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, real-time interactive simulation, etc.)
- Experience working with 3D graphics and math, animation, camera control, lighting, and shaders authoring/debugging
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Git
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top