Associate Paid Social Specialist
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
Reporting into the Manager, Global Media Activation - this valuable new team member will be skilled in the world of digital ads and has a strong background in paid social media campaign execution. This role will be asked to work closely within the Global Growth Marketing teams to execute campaigns for all Blizzard IP around various game content releases and ongoing customer acquisition.
Prospects will be highly skilled with campaign management and have a familiarity with both core and emerging social advertising platforms. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the online operations of one of the largest gaming companies in the world.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage paid social marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop global paid social media plans to align with strategic framework
- Build paid social campaigns on-platform; from setup to trafficking
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI and other KPIs)
- Assist in executing and optimizing campaigns based on measurement framework, documenting changes and learnings
- Assist in establishing organization-wide paid social media best practices, guidelines, objectives and governance-related standards associated with paid social campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain content calendars, assets, media plans, and copy for all paid campaigns
- Work collaboratively with teams to write effective copy for paid social campaigns that fit well with the assets and convey the desired overall ad unit messaging
- Monitor trends in social media; keep tabs on emerging platforms and advertising units
- Minimum of 1-3+ years of paid social experience campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience in strategic planning and proven cases of bringing plans to execution
- Proven track record in operating with a high-level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm to take on a challenging role with cross-functional commitments
- Budgetary experience including the ability to track expenses against commitments
- Expert at Excel; proficiency with other MS Office products
- Experience with FMPs or bid management platforms like Sprinklr for social a plus
- General understanding of deploying and interpreting results from A/B, split tests, and brand lift studies across social platforms
- Experience with Ad Serving technology like Sizmek, DCM, Flashtalking, etc. a plus
- Flexible work hours, weekend and evening work will be required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to translate objectives into actionable plans
- Good communication, presentation, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to research, and understand the customer's perspective and the competitive market
- Ability to handle multiple projects, requests and priorities at the same time
- Public speaking, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and mathematical skills
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Jan M.Lead AI Engineer, Overwatch
Jan and his team work to design and develop the concepts that will be incorporated into future releases of Blizzard’s Overwatch League—the game's professional e-sports league.
Back to top