Associate Legal Counsel
Associate Legal Counsel
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized legal professional to join Blizzard’s in-house legal team and support our business in Taiwan, Hong Kong and our emerging South East Asia market. This position is based in Blizzard’s Taipei office, and reports to the Regional Director, Legal Affairs, based in Shanghai.
The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and has international legal experience in the entertainment industry with expertise in digital distribution and intellectual property licensing law. Experience supporting multiple regions is a distinct advantage. The successful candidate will be responsible for closely partnering with the business and offering counsel for internal stakeholders on aspects such as commercial, consumer protection, intellectual property, competition and e-commerce law; whilst also drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements.
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements including, license agreements, distribution agreements, esports agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Review marketing materials.
- Assess legal risk and advise on regulatory, compliance and anti-trust matters.
- Provide a wide range of legal advice on competition, e-commerce, consumer protection, youth protection laws, including the drafting of EULAs, TOS, etc.
- Handles litigation matters on the company’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal matters handled by outside counsel.
- Handle corporate matters for entities within the region.
- Work closely with and provide legal guidance to the business teams supporting them in developing their business strategies.
- Handle issues in employment law and privacy.
- Remain up to date on emerging legal trends and changes within the region.
- Cooperate closely with legal team members in other offices, as well as regular interactions with global business staff. May require occasional travel to Blizzard’s offices in China and other regions.
- Law degree from a recognized law university or equivalent legal education.
- Qualification to practice law in one or more relevant jurisdiction(s).
- A minimum of 4 years’ post qualification work experience as an in-house lawyer or within a law firm representing clients within the entertainment industry.
- Expertise in intellectual property licensing law.
- Good record in dealing with competition and e-commerce matters.
- Experience in drafting a variety of commercial agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property contracts and licenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking; exercising excellent business judgment.
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities.
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Knowledge of international business.
- Experience in a games or entertainment company as a legal professional.
- A passion for video games and esports.
- Fluency in other Asian languages.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top