Associate Human Resources Generalist
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale. We provide guidance on the usual variety of HR topics, but our also group extends to include internal communications, talent & organizational development, internal mobility, global rewards, wellness, talent acquisition, philanthropy, and of course some of the most talented and creative HR business partners around, all dedicated to fostering the best work experience possible for our fellow employees.
Our team is currently looking for a talented Associate Human Resources Generalists to provide first-level human resources support to employees for our Austin, Texas Customer Service site by completing transactional requests and answering generally routine employee questions.
- Handle first-level transactional employee inquiries and requests, ensuring questions are answered accurately, thoroughly and quickly:
- Payroll, time-keeping (workforce), benefits, compensation and employee policies.
- First point of contact for Leave of Absence process.
- Manage employee facing communications on HR issues:
- Update relevant HR websites, HR materials, and news posts to ensure policies, FAQs, news posts, emails and other communication vehicles are up to date and accurate.
- Recognize trends in requests from employees and suggest policy clarifications or communication reminders to help drive self-service and policy comprehension.
- Create Pillar knowledge articles as needed to support employee and manager self-service.
- Coordinate with AB Life benefits team as needed for open enrollment and LOAs.
- Provide HR and the business with reporting and enhanced analysis:
- Run ad-hoc people reports from HRIS as needed to support client.
- Provide summary headcount and turnover reports at least monthly.
- Review overtime reports as needed and call out potential areas for review.
- Coordinate HR activities and processes: take a leadership role running HR processes such as New Hire Orientation and Onboarding, /Learns, AMAs or other HRG/HRM-led activities and programs.
- Assist HRGs/HRMs with employee or manager employee relations situations.
- Assist HRGs/HRMs with performance management or disciplinary situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior or related field.
- Generally 0-3 years of experience in the HR generalist field either as an HR coordinator or a similar specialist-level role (e.g., Staffing Coordinator/Scheduler, HRIS Coordinator, Associate HR Analyst, etc.).
- Ability to work alternate/flexible hours to support 24/7 contact center.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to build relationships with functional management as well as front line employees.
- Experience with human resource information systems and tools, specifically Oracle Fusion, Workday and Jobvite.
- Experience using SharePoint and the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience in an HR department with an entertainment, publishing or interactive company.
- HR experience with customer service personnel, preferably in a 24/7 call center.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top