Associate Global Manager, Community Development
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a manager passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, the science of global content and channels, the art of branding and communications, and operational excellence. This person will proactively identify key community development opportunities in every region, forecast needs, and implement solutions across the organization. They will oversee the design and execution of campaigns, programs, systems, and processes to achieve business results.
The ideal candidate must be a longer term strategic thinker and trend spotter, have strong business acumen, and support the development teams in building the best possible relationship between Blizzard and its communities.
- Tailor longer term strategy and priorities for the franchise community, with input from leadership and regional colleagues
- Set and monitor global goals for the franchise
- Lead longer term planning and strategy setting for the entire franchise ecosystem
- Lead ideation with regional input on high impact campaigns
- Oversee support for key milestones, tying in content ideas, channel priorities, relationship activities, and engagement plans; provide oversight and governance cross region
- Provide analysis based tactical and strategic recommendations on regional team efforts
- Manage and review various community reports from every region; glean insights
- Lead franchise specific program development
- Own recurring meaningful touch-points with each region to stay informed, assess needs, help problem solve, etc.
- Represent regions to the development team
- Drive operational excellence by improving systems, processes, tools, and policies
- Help with worldwide team cohesion and knowledge sharing
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in various aspects of community development including managing a major gaming, entertainment, or technology blog/web publishing outlet
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in team management and development
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a global company
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in project management and multi-region program development
- Extensive experience in content and channel analytics
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, its communities, and the gaming space in general
- Strong presentation and communications skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees and/or certifications in business and operations
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top