We pride ourselves in forging amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need passionate, creative, smart, driven people with kickass talent.
Blizzard Entertainment seeks an Associate Artist, Generalist who will be responsible for creating art assets of the highest quality for the Classic Games team. This person will work closely with the team’s Senior Artists, and Art Director to ensure aesthetics quality is kept at the highest-bar across all in game assets.
- Work in conjunction with the 3d character artists to create a high-quality asset from beginning to finish.
- Iterate on in-game assets with production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques.
- Work with the art director and leads to flesh out the creative aspects of the project.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and to full implementation if needed.
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
- Experience in game development modeling, and texturing 3D assets using 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top